Account Executives
Gumbinner & Davies Communications, a Democratic Direct Mail firm with an accomplished record of winning, is looking for Account Executives to join our team for an exciting, fast-paced, and critical 2020 election cycle. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity in the workplace and providing a safe and open work environment for all our staff.
Account Executives will play a key role working with clients, with our design team, and with vendors to execute strategy for campaigns at every level, across the country.
 
Interested Applicants should have:
> A strong desire to elect Democrats
> Willingness and skill to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
> Strong writing and communication skills
> Great attention to detail
> Political campaign or political organization experience required
> A sense of humor 
> Sense of ownership and responsibility over your work product
> A team-player mentality and the ability to thrive in a creative environment
> Junior Account Executives should have a minimum of two years of campaign experience
> Senior Account Executives should have a minimum of five years of campaign experience
 
Gumbinner & Davies is:
> A firm that produces the most creative and eye-catching mail in the business!
> A firm that takes a data-driven approach to all our campaigns
> A firm that pays attention to detail at every step of the way
> A group of dedicated, inclusive progressives who work hard and have fun!

These positions will be remotely based for the 2020 cycle.
 
Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the position to jobs@gdwins.com “Direct Mail Account Executive” in the subject line. 

Senior Graphic Designer (Remote, contract position)
Use your power as a designer to elect Democrats and bring change this November! Gumbinner & Davies, a progressive direct mail firm, is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to work remotely for the upcoming election cycle. The position starts in August and goes through October 30, 2020. Please note that due to the nature of our business, long hours and some weekend work is expected. 

We advance diversity and equal opportunity through our work and are committed to hiring staff that represents a variety of perspectives. Candidates of all backgrounds who are authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. 

Our creative team works in collaboration with account staff to create smart, eye-catching designs that help our clients win. If you have an exacting eye for composition, finesse for details, hit your stride when the turnaround is tight, and have no problem juggling shifting deadlines and targets, then please apply!

Job Responsibilities
> Create dynamic and thoughtful visuals that explain and persuade
> Implement account team and client edits that result in the best solution
> Prepare print-ready files that abide by industry best practices

Applicant requirements
> Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
> 3-10+ years experience
> Portfolio of dynamic, conceptual work
> Collaborative, positive, and professional communicator
> Team player who remains poised as priorities shift
> Experience with creating print-ready files
> Demonstrated knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator in a Mac environment

Additional skills that could help you rise to the top
> Experience in designing direct mail
> Illustration skills
> A special interest in politics, progressive causes, or activism

Gumbinner & Davies is
> A firm that produces the most creative and eye-catching mail in the business!
> A firm that takes a data-driven approach to all our campaigns.
> A firm that pays attention to detail every step of the way
> A group of dedicated, inclusive progressives who work hard and have fun!

Please apply with your resume and link to your portfolio at jobs@gdwins.com with "Senior Designer" in the subject line.


Production Designer with pre-press experience (remote, contract position)
Gumbinner & Davies, a progressive direct mail firm, is seeking a Production Designer with pre-press experience to work remotely for the upcoming election cycle. The position starts in August and goes through October 30, 2020. Please note that due to the nature of our business, long hours and some weekend work is expected.  

We advance diversity and equal opportunity through our work and are committed to hiring staff that represents a variety of perspectives. Candidates of all backgrounds who are authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. 

Our creative team works in collaboration with account staff to create smart, eye-catching designs that help our clients win. If you have an eye for details, understand and execute client edits flawlessly, know how to prepare files for press, hit your stride when the turnaround is tight, and have no problem juggle shifting deadlines and targets, then please apply!

Job Responsibilities
> Photo editing
> Accurate implementation of account team and client edits and result in the best solution
> Preparation of press-ready files that abide by industry best practices

Applicant requirements
> Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
> 3-10+ years experience 
> Portfolio of demonstrating technical and visual expertise
> Collaborative, positive, and professional communicator
> Team player who remains poised as priorities shift
> Experience with creating press-ready files
> Demonstrated knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator in a Mac environment

Additional skills that could help you rise to the top:
> Experience in producing direct mail
> Pre-press or comparable production experience
> A special interest in politics, progressive causes, or activism

Gumbinner & Davies is:
> A firm that produces the most creative and eye-catching mail in the business!
> A firm that takes a data-driven approach to all our campaigns.
> A firm that pays attention to detail at every step of the way
> Located in DuPont Circle in Washington, DC
> A group of dedicated, inclusive progressives who work hard and have fun!

Please apply with your resume and link to your portfolio at jobs@gdwins.com with "Production Designer" in the subject line.



Back to Top